Thackray Medical Museum is committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy statement sets out when and why we collect your personal information and how we use it. This policy does not cover external sites such as Facebook or Twitter. You should check the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the sites you visit.
The information you share with us means you’ll receive a more personalised and rewarding experience e.g. finding out about exhibitions and events that may interest you.
How and Why We Collect Your Personal Information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include making an enquiry, purchasing tickets online, over the phone or in person, making a group, school or conference booking with us, or it could be where you sign up to receive emails from us.
Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to provide the particular service you have requested and to keep you informed. If you choose not to give us certain information, then this may limit the level of personalisation we offer e.g. you may not get to hear about an event you would have liked to attend.
Handling Your Information
Thackray Medical Museum will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf. This may include payment processing companies or our mailing provider – Mail Chimp. They will not use your data for anything other than the purpose of relating to the service that they are providing.
You can opt out of our mailing list at anytime either directly, or by contacting us by phone, email or in writing. If you would like us to update any of the information we hold about you that you have given us, please let us know.
Terms and Conditions of Ticket Sales
- When purchasing online, unless otherwise stated, no tickets will be sent out in the post. Your receipt/email can be exchanged for an admission ticket on the day of your first visit.
- To convert a day admission ticket into an annual ticket, each ticket holder must give their first name, surname, postcode and contact email address. Please note that this is for identification purposes only and your details will not be shared with a third party or used for marketing purposes without your permission. Please read our privacy notice for further details on how we use your personal information.
- Please inform us if any of the above details change during the year.
- Annual tickets are non-transferable – they can only be used by the named pass holder.
- An annual ticket must be presented in person at reception in order to gain entry. Normal admission times apply.
- In the event that you lose your annual ticket, a new ticket can only be issues on production of valid ID.
- Please note that the annual ticket is not valid for school trips, birthday parties and group visits.
- Annual tickets are valid for 12 months from the date of your first visit.
- An annual ticket cannot be used to gain free entry to additional events where an extra fee is charged unless specifically stated.
- General terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- An adult (seventeen years old or over) must accompany any child under the age of fourteen.
- Concession/discounted tickets will only be issued on production of valid ID.
The Thackray Medical Museum reserves the right to…
- Refuse admission and/or cancel any annual passes suspected of being used fraudulently.
- Refuse entry into or remove from an event, any person.
- Vary the opening and closing dates of the Museum and to close, remove or cancel all or any part of the exhibits, events or facilities for any reason.
- Change these terms and conditions as necessary, at any time.
Terms and Conditions of Parking
- All vehicles must display a valid ticket or permit in their front windscreen or on the vehicle dashboard at all times.
- Vehicles must not cause an obstruction or park outside the marked bay.
- Vehicles must not park in reserved bays without authority.
The museum car park is private land and the museum reserves the right to:
- Close all or part of the car park at any time without notice
- Change these terms and conditions as necessary, at any time
The museum car park is owned by Thackray Medical Museum and run by Car Parking Management Ltd, Mill Beck House, Norfolk Bank Lane, Ellerker, East Yorkshire, HU15 2FJ
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
Policy updated March 2018