All visits must be pre-booked.
- Entry to the museum: Primary Schools £4.50 per student. Secondary Schools £5.95 per student
- Two hour workshops: an additional £2 per student
- One hour talks and tours: an additional £1 per student
- Outreach sessions: £200 per class (Max 36 per class)
- Teachers are free on the ratios shown below. Any additional adults are charged at £6 each
Please ensure your student/teacher ratio meets our safety policy requirements.
- Primary self-led visits: One free teacher for every ten students
- Primary workshops/talks: One free teacher for every six students
- Secondary schools, sixth form and colleges: One free teacher for every fifteen students
- Universities: One free adult
The Museum has nine galleries to explore. Thackray Museum floor plan (PDF – 650kb). Please note that while most children love our interactive and realistic exhibits, some of our more sensitive visitors may find the 1842 gallery or Hannah Dyson’s Ordeal a little frightening. However, we have plenty of other exhibits to explore and we are happy to talk through any concerns you may have and suggest alternatives.
Take advantage of our free familiarisation visit to help your students get the most from their visit. We can provide this for up to two teachers per school.
Please call us to arrange a free familiarisation visit to complete your own risk assessment. These are guidelines only Download our guidelines (Word document – 1.1mb).
Please feel free to call us if you would like to talk through any additional or special needs that you may have and especially if you would like us to adapt one of our sessions.
Classrooms for eating packed lunches are available at no extra cost.
We ask you to carefully supervise your students at all times, including during the lunch period. Please note that you are responsible for the health and safety of your group at all times during your visit.
Goody bags and shop
Goody bags are available to pre-order from just £1.60 each.
Onsite parking is available at the front of the building. Please note that during busy periods your coach may be asked to park elsewhere after dropping off your students.
Please call 0113 244 4343 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any aspect of your visit.