Friends of the Museum
Friends play a vital and active role in supporting the Museum and its activities.
Anyone is welcome to join and support the Friends’ work in helping to ensure the future of the Museum.
As well as the satisfaction and enjoyment of contributing towards the success of the Museum, Friends also receive a number of benefits, including:
• 15% Discount in the museum shop
• Free car parking for Friends whilst attending Museum special events*
• Free admission to the museum’s galleries
• Invitations to exhibition openings and private views
• Discounts for lectures and special events at the museum
• Invitation to the Friends lectures and other meetings
• A quarterly newsletter
• Behind-the-scenes tours at the museum
• An annual object handling session with the Curatorial Department.
• Opportunities to participate as a volunteer in the museum’s work
• Access to the museum library and other resources (booking required)
*Free car parking during Museum Gallery visits and for Special Events but does not include the Medicine & History lecture series.
Why not send a membership to someone as a gift?
You can also purchase a Friends Membership as a gift and request that the membership to be sent directly to the receiver
To receive Friends benefits and discounts, your membership card must be shown upon arrival to the Museum.
If you would like further information, please call 0113 244 4343 or email us to find out more or download our membership form here